This page has resources that are currently available at Bridges to Health and to find additional resources in the City of Philadelphia, select the (+) symbol next to each topic for more information.
Visit this link for up-to-date information:
There are three types of food distribution sites:
- Food for any resident: No ID or proof of income is required.
- Meals for seniors: For people over 55 years of age, there are “Parks and Recreation” sites. These sites offer up to five meals per week. No advance reservations are required. For seniors over 60, The Philadelphia Center for Aging provides 5-7 meals per week. You must reserve your meal by calling (215-765-9040) to receive a meal. A senior’s family can pick up the meal or home delivery can be arranged if needed.
- Outdoor Meal Sites: No ID or proof of income is required. These are occasional (non-consistent) sites where you can get a meal per person from time to time.
At Puentes de Salud we offer a food pantry program where we deliver groceries to some clients’ homes on a weekly basis. We also have a pharmacy with food available for patients who have appointments at our clinic.
How to find a food bank near you:
- Call 311. Be sure to call the food bank before you go to make sure of their hours and that they are open. Call the WhyHunger hotline at 1-800-5HUNGRY or text your zip code to 1-800-548-6479 to receive a list of food banks near your home.
- To find food and other resources in your area, visit the Community Resource Connects website
If you have legal questions:
If you have questions or concerns about your rent, landlord, or about evictions, call TURN (267-443-2500), Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm. The staff responsible for answering your calls must speak Spanish. Continue calling until you reach someone and/or leave a message with your name and phone number for a call back. You can also find more information at phillytenant.org.
Benefits if you have lost your job or have reduced work hours due to COVID-19:
If you are concerned about not being able to pay your electric, water, or gas, call CLS (215-981-3700).
Free medical insurance for minors
Medical assistance for COVID-19 treatment
Internet essentials from Comcast
Mental Health Resources
Puentes de Salud mental health services are available to community members ages 5 and older who are uninsured. You can make an appointment by phone or you can come in person to make an appointment. To make an appointment, call 215-454-8000 and leave a message with your name, date of birth, and reason for needing an appointment. We will call you back as soon as possible to schedule your appointment.
Domestic Violence Resources
For support with domestic violence issues and incidents, you can call the Philadelphia Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-866-723-3014. This hotline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and offers assistance in Spanish.
To speak to someone about family matters, you can call the PLA (Philadelphia Legal Assistance) hotline at 215-981-3838. This hotline is available for calls on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9:30am to 12pm. It also offers service in Spanish.
Mujeres Contra el Abuso (Women Against Abuse)
Mujeres en Transición (Women in Transition) | 215-751-1111
Philadelphia Center Against Sexual Violence – WOAR | 215-985-3333 (24-hour hotline)
Medical Information about COVID-19
The Puentes de Salud clinic is open for appointments, including appointments with specialists. If you need an appointment, call the following number: 215-454-8000. Leave a message with your name, date of birth, and reason for the appointment. We will call you back to schedule your appointment.
Symptoms of COVID-19
- Fever or chills
- Muscle and body aches
- Recent loss of sense of smell or taste
- Difficulty breathing
CDC Spanish-language guide: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms-sp.html
If you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19):
- You can call us by phone (215-454-8000) and leave a message requesting a phone consultation. We are unable to see people with COVID-19 symptoms in person at our clinic.
- If during the phone call we determine that you need a COVID-19 exam or test, a physician will call you to arrange a consultation.
- If you are unable to reach someone in our office or call outside of our office hours, please leave a message and we will return your call during our business hours. Our call may appear as “Private Number” or “Número Privado” on caller ID.